This is the story of Ramón Alejandro Navarro Rojas, who rides the biggest surf on the planet to save the stunning Chilean coastline that is his home, Punta de Lobos.
Bred of nine generations of subsistence fishers and foragers, Ramon was raised to provide for his family through a deep understanding of the ocean. He has done that, however, in a way that his forefathers never imagined, by riding the biggest waves in the world.
Ramón, however, believes his accomplishments in giant surf are merely part of a much bigger vision. In stunning photos and through the voices of those who know him best and admire him most, this companion to Chris Malloy’s movie, The Fisherman’s Son, captures the spirit of this inspiring man who surfs to save the breaks and waters that he loves.
Contributors to the book include Gerry Lopez, Kohl Christensen, Dusty Middleton, Josh Berry, Nick Mucha, and more. A portion of the proceeds from the book and film will be used to support Ramon’s environmental efforts.
- Paperback with belly band
- Contributions from Gerry Lopez, Kohl Christensen, Dusty Middleton, Josh Berry, Nick Mucha, and more
- A portion of the proceeds from the book and film will be used to support Ramon’s environmental efforts
- Full-color photos throughout
- Published by Patagonia
- 144 pages
- Printed in China on 100% recycled paper